Sacred Heart Academy School Board
The school board has the responsibility to cultivate the highest possible standards of academic and religious education for all students and provide policy direction in the following areas:
- Mission: Ensure that the “Mission Statement” of Sacred Heart Academy is followed and implemented to the fullest extent possible. Sacred Heart Academy, a Catholic school founded in 1889, is committed to the mission of Jesus Christ. With our families and faith community, we provide a balanced curriculum to strengthen mind, body, and spirit so each student fulfills God’s purpose.
- Strategic Planning: Support and facilitate targeted objectives of the School/Strategic Improvement Plan and assist in its annual planning process.
- Guidance: Assist the PASTOR and school administrators in overseeing the overall operations of Sacred Heart Academy that include developing and recommending policies that shall govern Sacred Heart Academy.
- Financial oversight: Assist with, recommend, and monitor the annual budget; set tuition rates; participate in financial planning.
- Principal(s) Selection/Evaluation/Termination: BOARD may provide feedback to the PASTOR on K-12 Principal and to K-12 principal on Assistant Principals as requested by the PASTOR. BOARD members may participate in the hiring of school administrators and recommend dismissal, as requested by the PASTOR.
- Advancement: Work in association with the school Admissions Director and core school administrators to develop and assist with comprehensive school advancement programs. Enrollment management; marketing/communication/public relations initiatives; development & fundraising; fostering academic excellence; and promotion of our Catholic identity shall all be included in the BOARD duties for Advancement. Members shall represent Sacred Heart Academy together with the PASTOR, Principal, and Assistant Principals in school, PARISH, and community matters, concerns, and functions.
- Adopt and review these By-Laws every 3 years or as needed.
School Board Meetings
Meetings are normally held the 2nd Monday night of each month (except for July) at 5:30 p.m. in the Parish Center. Meetings that fall on a "no school" date will be rescheduled.
School Board Positions
Potential Board Members must be adult, registered, practicing members of the Sacred Heart Parish. This means attending masses on a regular basis and contributing financially to the Parish a minimum of $520 annually. They must be in good standing with the Academy with no outstanding account balances (ie: tuition, latchkey, fees, etc.) Potential Board Members are also expected to share their time and talents with the Parish and Academy and encourage their children to be involved in liturgical ministries and sacraments. Board terms begin July 1 and run 3 years. A maximum of 2 consecutive terms may be served. The board will announce vacant seats in the Parish Bulletin and Parent Communication each spring. At that time, a link to the online application will be posted on the school board web page. Per the bylaws, Article III section 3.4 school board vacancies can be filled by either an appointment from the Pastor or a majority vote of the current board members.
School Board Meeting Minutes
Minutes are posted in RenWeb under Resource Documents
School Board By Laws
Click here for School Board By Laws