One Community, One Spirit, One Heart
Sacred Heart Academy Expectations (Grades 7-12)
- Students will strive to follow Christian ideals in all they do.
- Students will come to class prepared with textbooks, paper, pencils, planner, a charged Chromebook, and be in their seats when the bell rings.
- Students will be respectful of all staff, students, school property and materials.
- Students will be mindful of their behavior on school grounds including hallways, cafeteria, gymnasiums, church, etc.
- Students will pick up after themselves and leave the hallways clear of personal possessions and school supplies.
- Students will give their best effort every day.
- Parents will read the handbook and discuss it with their children, explain why policies are important and support the policies in the handbook.
- Parents will treat teachers as professionals and will respect teachers’ and administrators’ working hours by contacting them during school hours to set up an appointment, if necessary.
- Parents will assist teachers in enforcing the school policies.
- Parents will hold their children accountable, including ensuring that their children attend assigned tutoring and detention.
- Parents will stagger appointments so students are not missing the same class repeatedly.
- Parents will monitor their child’s progress by checking RenWeb and emailing the teacher with questions.
- Teachers/administrators will create a positive learning environment. They will treat all students fairly and respectfully.
- Teacher/administrators will challenge all students to learn and achieve and reach out to struggling students.
- Teachers/administrators will discuss the policies in the handbook with students and provide examples. They will enforce the policies in the handbook.
- Teachers/administrators will contact parents with concerns regarding academics or behavior and collaborate with other teachers when students are struggling.
- Teachers/administrators will communicate professionally.
- Teachers/administrators will read and return parents’ emails within 24 business hours.
- Teachers/administrators will update grades weekly in RenWeb.